Saturday 9 November 2013

Tags Inspired by Alison Bomber

I really wanted to have a go at a little house "similar" to the one Alison has shown us over at PaperArtsy this week, see here.  I've had one of these sitting on my desk since the first Ally Pally show earlier this year but time hasn't been on my side this week.
I was inspired to have a go at mixing fresco paints and distress inks as a background.  I love how these have turned out and will definitely use this method again. 
I stencilled first of all with Space Cadet and Lake Wanaka (yes they're my new favourites!) then blended over bundled sage, peeled paint and mowed lawn distress inks. I was going to stamp something on the background in white the same as Alison but changed my mind and stencilled with grunge paste and hi-lighted with treasure gold instead.  The stamps are British wild flowers from Creative Expressions.  I think I might make these up into cards later.

6 comments:

  1. What a these brilliant card are! Lake wanaka and DI are gorgeous background. I love beautiful British wild flowers.
    Etsuko xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very effective, so pretty and fresh-looking. I am waiting for an order of Space Cadet and Antarctic to arrive! I have Lake Wanaka and I love it! I can see why these colours are your favourites! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous colour choices, they really pop against each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the colours.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely scrumptious colour combining, and I just love the gilded textured flowers against the background - gorgeous tags! Thank you so much for joining in this week. Hope you have a chance to play with your little house some time soon... looking forward to that too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete