Tuesday 31 December 2013

Christmas Cracker 1- Sanded Foundations

Leandra from PaperArtsy has put together a fab video showing how to tint grunge paste and then after it's dried to sand it back, see here.

I've used the method on another page in my journal - I've used distress inks (Peeled Paint & Faded Jeans) for the background as I wanted to flick this with water to mirror the rain day here today. I tinted my GP with Tinned Peas and Guacamole for the stems and Blood Orange and Claret for the flowers (all become one colour though).

This stencil is mini cornflowers by The Crafters Workshop - I got in a bit of a mess with the smaller flowers, need to invest in a mini spatula.

To finish the page off I've added some stamping in Mowed Lawn and a few butterflies that were floating around.

Happy New Year !

4 comments:

  1. Lovely rainy day! Also seems bright like spring (so adds hope to these dark cold days). Lovely piece Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Sarah. Lovely page, it's a wonderful world.
    Etsuko xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Sarah, I love the vibrant pink!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page, love how you combined these elements!

    ReplyDelete