Saturday 27 December 2014

Background inspired by Anneke de Clerck

Anneke created a lovely Christmas wooden panel which you can see here.

I decided to create a journal page using the similar techniques and colours for the background as Anneke used so I wont go into step by step instructions.  But here are the steps in pictures instead......





I chose this particular project as inspiration as it takes me out of my comfort zone colour wise - overall I'm quite pleased with the end result.



Instead of a Christmas tree for the main image I stamped some JOFY flowers onto to scraps of patterned paper and fussy cut then out.  I stamped the stems directly onto the page in olive ink and glued on my flowers with a few little leaves.

thank you for looking xx

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Sarah, I just love those flowers you have done,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and you have used orange!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant background and very lovely flowers. Beautiful page Sarah! Wishing you a happy New Year and crafty new year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page, and your use of orange is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,
    Turned out fabulous, I don't have those colors yet either I will be getting them now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on Anneke's canvas, the bouquet is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background! It looks great with the flowers on top! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete