Saturday 16 January 2016

Transparent Art - storage pot

The first topic of the year at Paperartsy is Transparent Art - there are many interpretations of this topic and some great examples can be seen on the blog see here for details

 Now what I pictured in my head and what I ended up with are two very different things. I wanted to paint on glass - never again ! I stamped a butterfly from JOFY 32 onto a small storage jar with Stazon ink - tricky but so far so good.
 

The painting part wasn't so successful but was a learning curve - I used  frescos mixed glaze. Never mind, all good fun and kept mind mind off my cough for a while. 



To embellish the top I got out my never used Melt Pot (one of many unused things😉 I intend to use this year).  I love the fab translucent result and on top of the silver lid the heart seems to glow. 

       

thank you for looking x

5 comments:

  1. I hardly ever use my melt pot either! Love the butterfly; it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I painted on glass too...once! The heart though is a beautiful translucent piece, you should definitely do more and maybe some Leandra beads as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning bottle and beautiful butterfly image. I love the melt heart too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas and well done for melting! Xx

    ReplyDelete