Friday 1 September 2017

Hybrid Inks #2

I now know why everyone loves distress oxides - they're so addictive 😊

So here's my second entry to the latest Paperartsy Challenge  - see  here for some fantastic ideas and inspiration







To be honest I didn't really have a plan on where this would end up but the final background vaguely remind me of a gorgeous sky.  It's doesn't really show in the picture but there's a touch of treasure gold round the edge and distress glitter on the "path".

I then mounted the main panel and popped it in my journal on a fresco paint background - love how these complement the oxides







a bonus how the shadows of the metallic thread  show up on the right hand side.








Glorious sun this morning - took these photos on the new patio area our son has just built for us - pretty good for a first attempt,don't you think ?




Thank you looking - hope you all have an enjoyable weekend xx

10 comments:

  1. What a delicious summery page - the Oxides give it a lovely softness, which adds the nostalgia of that fab vintage image. Glad to see you've been enjoying a bit of sunshine too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous summery page Sarah, looks very fun. What a gorgeous patio, your son is genius!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab results with the oxides and Fresco's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on a roll at the moment Sarah. Love this so much. I had a go with these stamps too this week, but your results are better! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of your Hazel - I'm sure yours was wonderful x

      Delete
  5. I love these stamps... yes I can see a summer night's sky at dusk too. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, a wonderful first attempt!! What a great patio area!! Your journal page is fabulous!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete